- Steel tube frame in three widths: 36, 40, 45 cm
- The forward-located pivot point also allows easy operation of heavy patients and seating systems
- Seat tilt up to 35° by means of gas compression spring
- Back inclination from 90° to 130°, adjustable in increments
- Height adjustable push handles / pushbar
- Seat depth adaptable by moving the backrest along the seat bars
- Interface adapters for the following systems: Otto Bock Trap¬ezoid, Horacek, Dräger, R82/Atoform, InterCo, Shape
- Wheels: rear wheels 12", casters 8", tires pneumatic or PU foam, (foot-operated wheel locks/drum brakes)
The Discovery is a particularly stable and versatile mobility base for seating shells and other orthopedic seating systems. It is suitable both for indoor and outdoor use and is notable for its high load capacity (up to 110 kg).
The anteriorly-located seat inclination pivot-point makes it easy to operate even heavy seating systems and also lets the Discovery come all the way up to tables – even when in tilted position.
The two gas compression springs used for seat tilt can be operated effortlessly by means of the large actuating lever. To adjust the seat depth the complete backrest con¬struction can be moved along the seat bars.
In addition to seat tilt adjustment, the angle of the backrest is adjustable by means of a rig. A number of different adapters are available for mounting seating systems and seating shells which can be screwed on to the seat bars in the most suitable position. The front part of the frame is bent back in the caster area and offers space for the various footrest assemblies. Important options such as armrests, anti-tipper and a tip-assist complete the product range.