At a glance
- Thumb can be positioned separately
- Seven different hand positions
- Flexible wrist joint
- Very natural-looking appearance
As a system provider, Ottobock is offering a completely new prosthetic system that ensures fast and secure data transmission based on digital data transfer technology. The prosthetic system can also be expanded thanks to the intelligent Axon-Bus system.
Features of the Axon-Bus system:
- Optimally coordinated system
- Very high grip force and speed
- Modular structure makes it expandable
The flexible wrist joint permits flexion, extension and rotation. Another new feature is the ability to separately position the thumb using muscle signals. This allows entirely new hand positions.
- Active thumb positioning with two movement axes
- Wrist joint with flexion, extension and rotation
- Significantly more freedom
- Individual choice of controls
The Michelangelo Hand features a very natural-looking design with hard and soft structures that replicate physiological bones, joints, muscles and tendons.
In addition, the oval wrist adapter looks much more natural than a conventional prosthetic wrist.
A fitting with the Michelangelo Hand offers new movement possibilities for the user. It makes many everyday situations easier to handle, so that the Michelangelo user can participate in life more actively and naturally – both at work and at play.
Visit our interactive website and take a look at the technology behind the Michelangelo Hand at
You'll find videos of the Michelangelo Hand in use, as well as supporting documents and images.
The Michelangelo augmented reality app also offers you the opportunity to experience the Michelangelo Hand in 3D.