- Free swing phase and stable stance phase
- Smooth gait pattern
- Relieves stress on the back, hips and knee joint
- Prevents secondary damage caused by compensating movements
- Custom fabricated for a perfect fit
- Extremely comfortable and easy to use
- New accessories available: Triple control and medial support
Walk smoothly and stand securely with the Free Walk system. This special Otto Bock orthosis system locks the knee joint during the stance phase and is automatically released for the swing phase. Patients can bend their leg and thus require less energy when walking. This orthosis reduces stress on the back, hips and knee joint. Unlike traditional orthoses, the Free Walk effectively reduces unnatural movements caused by hyperextension of the joint along with compensatory of the gluteal muscles. Secondary damage such as ligament instabilities and arthrosis pain are prevented.
In addition, the unilateral joint bar design offers users increased comfort. Individual fabrication ensures optimal fit. The Free Walk is lightweight, thin, and stable so that it is inconspicuous under clothing. Thanks to the practical quick closures, your customer can put it on and take it off easily. The pads are made from skin-friendly material and are easy to clean. Especially convenient: your patient can sit comfortably because the pad retainers are located in the front. In addition, the locked knee joint can easily be unlocked by hand.