The Aquanaut toilet chair is the perfect product to be used in both the home and in school. The Aquanaut comfortably supports children in a forward-leaning posture that promotes relaxation, and helps them function better on the toilet. Its unique aperture and contoured sitting surface maximizes support and positioning, while the knee strap holds the child's hips back into the seat.
Aquanaut slides on and off a simple bracket that can easily be installed under the toilet seat. Its child-friendly design make it attractive and fun for children to use. Lightweight and easy to move, it makes transport from home to grandparent's house or school a snap. Its rounded shape and smooth plastic construction make it easy to clean.
For children who are dependent sitters, who have mild or moderate needs for support - the Aqaunaut is the perfect choice.
Features and Benefits
- Removable front (trunk) support - Channeled arm troughs encourage the child to hold the support and thus promote a flexed position of the trunk. When the child holds the support, hip flexion increases past 90 degrees to promote muscle relaxation and minimize extensor patterns. The child gains added stability by grasping the anterior support.
- Contoured sitting surface - The contoured sitting surface helps maintain the legs in abduction and facilitates positioning of the child. Beveling at the front edge of the seat accommodates those children who have slight knee flexion contractures or tight hamstrings and cannot achieve 90 degree flexion at the knees.
- Soft deflector - The soft deflector material protects the child from injury during transfers.
- Toilet bowl adaptor - The same bolts secure the toilet adaptor and your regular toilet seat. Once installed, both remain in place.
- Variable width aperture - The Aquanaut aperture is slim at the front to maximize sitting support and reassure kids that they "won't fall in." It's wide at the back to make hygiene easier.
- Hip pads - Optional hip pads provide more intimate stabilization of the pelvis, while accommodating the child's growth.
- Side lateral supports - The laterals provide trunk support for those children who require it. They can act to cue the child to bring their trunk back to a stable, midline position.
- Adjustable knee straps - The knee strap provides backward pressure just below the knees, that aids pelvic stabilization and discourages extensor patterns. Straps are made from a thermo-plastic rubber to avoid complications from latex allergies.
- Independent, bi-level foot support - Foot support helps to position the lower extremities to achieve 90 degree flexion at the knees and ankles and at least 90 degree flexion at the hips.
- Optional wall bracket - A wall bracket provides convenient storage for Aquanaut while not in use.
|| 120 lbs.|
|Nominal age range
||5 - 12 years |
| Product weight
||11 lbs. |
14", 12", 9"
(smaller widths achieved with use of hip pads)
| Footrest height
||11" overall; 7 ½" on one side and 3 ½" when flipped over|