Mobility for people
For 100 years, people have come first in everything we do. We work hard every day to improve the quality of life of our patients and users, and to enable them to live independent daily lives.
For us, quality of life is closely linked to personal freedom and independence. That’s why we help people maintain or regain their freedom of movement. To achieve this goal now and in the future, we focus on innovation and outstanding technology, combined with a holistic approach and global activities. We try to see the world through the eyes of our users and customers, and we pursue this aim with respect, courage and commitment.
“Our goal is to offer people maximum mobility, independence and quality of life. That’s why user-friendly functionality is the key criterion that our products have to live up to.”
Professor Hans Georg Näder, Owner
For more quality of life and independence
Our brand values
Human, reliable, inventive – these are Ottobock’s company values. They form the basis of our day-to-day work in the company. Our values drive us.
We are human.
Ottobock is human and accessible. We attach great importance to personal relationships based on trust, and are sustainable, responsible and transparent in everything we do.
Close to people – close to life
- Personal relationships: In our interactions, we treat the people who use our products as partners. We’re in contact with them every day so we can learn about their concerns, needs and interests. This creates a basis of mutual trust, which is essential for the time we share during treatment.
- The joy of helping: We help people with limited mobility and want to encourage them and boost their self-confidence. We appreciate individual diversity and see limited mobility as a challenge to overcome barriers.
- Honest stories: Authenticity is essential to us. That’s why we let people speak for us – they openly share their experiences with our products and services.
- Commitment to society and sports: Our involvement in society extends from the Paralympic Games to regional projects, to advancing orthopaedic technology. Our goal is to put people with disabilities in the centre of society, dismantle fears and misconceptions and break down barriers.
We are reliable
Our focus is on reliability and mutual trust. This is paramount for us. We’re always there to assist our patients and partners. We attach great importance to working together to develop solutions and strategies which help people to master the complex challenges of everyday life and prepare them for the future.
A good partner – guaranteed
- Quality management: Our quality management standards meet the highest requirements. Specific test methods show that our long-lasting products offer quantifiable advantages.
- Acting responsibly: Our company is run by its founding family, and we make decisions in an active, sustainable manner that promotes viable growth.
- We stay on course: Since our founding in 1919, we have stood for dynamic growth. Ottobock is active around the globe. Economic success and responsible actions go hand in hand at Ottobock.
- Passion and pride: Our engaged employees are proud to work for Ottobock – and some families do so across generations. We help people improve their quality of life with our products and services.
- Partnership: Employees from various fields work together at our company. We value their skills and rely on our team spirit. The same also applies for our collaboration in networks.
We are Ottobock
We are inventive.
Since our founding in 1919, our technologies have set milestones on the road to the future. We combine playfulness and inventiveness with courage and tenacity in our research and development.
Each new product draws on our many decades of experience. As a result, we don’t see progress and tradition as a contradiction in terms, but rather as a single, progressive whole. Over the years, we have learned that humans must always remain the ultimate benchmark in our research and development. After all, we measure the quality of our products by the benefits they offer people.
Biology inspires technology
The analysis of human movement patterns delivers insights into nature, which we seek to replicate as closely as possible with bionic solutions. However, the goal is not to produce a rigid copy of biological structures. Instead, we apply the principles to the technology so we can reproduce natural functions to the greatest extent possible. Thanks to this approach, our products match the natural model almost perfectly.
A tradition of progress
- High tech: Our research and development is integrated in an international network of our own sites and scientific institutions.
- Interdisciplinary cooperation: Our outstanding products create a solid and reliable basis for treating our users. This is complemented perfectly by the technical expertise and social skills of our employees and partners. They coordinate their work so we can achieve the best results for people.
- A cutting-edge reputation: We put our products and company services to the test in international competitions involving a wide range of industries. The awards our company receives show us that we’re on the right path.
- Space for ideas: We established an interface to Berlin’s creative scene by setting up the Ottobock Future Lab on the grounds of the former Bötzow brewery. This is where we’re building our digital future. From 2009 to 2018, the Ottobock Science Center Berlin transformed medical technology into a fascinating experience for more than a million visitors from around the world.