Start for Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA
New legal form for dynamic growth and good future prospects
Ottobock has changed its legal form. Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH became Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA on 3 April 2018. This partnership limited by shares permits the Näder family to maintain its influence over the course of the company going forward, including after a potential IPO – and is the optimal form to support the company's planned growth over the coming decades.
“The governance of the company is being adapted to reflect its size and international presence,” Professor Hans Georg Näder explains. He is the chairman of the board, which manages the business of Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA, and the President of Ottobock Holding, which holds 80 percent of the shares in Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA. The remaining 20 percent are held by Swedish private equity firm EQT.
Dr Oliver Scheel has been the CEO of Ottobock since the beginning of 2018. In this role, he leads the managing directors who manage the day-to-day business operations. The co-determined European Supervisory Board convened in October of 2017 and continues its work in the KGaA as before under the leadership of Dr Bernd Bohr.
"Ottobock stands for wearable human bionics. We are positioned for future success. The growth prospects for the company and our 7000 employees around the world are excellent," says Professor Näder with enthusiasm, describing the company's orientation going forward.