Triathlon was the entry to Para athletics
After five months spent in a rehab centre, Manon decided to return to sports after she was told that sport could help to rebuild her life. She learned to walk, run, swim and ride a bike again and took up Para triathlon and won the World Championships in Rotterdam 2016.
Genest was asked by the French Federation to join the Para athletics national team - given her the possibility to compete at the Paralympic Games.
"There is no better beautiful feeling than feeling alive. I get this feeling when I run or when I jump."
Manon Genest, Para athlete and Ottobock ambassador
Ambitious to win medals for France
"Each training session, each competition is a revenge on life, a new challenge to take up."
Her training paid off at the World Para Athletics Championship in Dubai 2019. She placed 6th at the 400 metres run and 4th at the T37 Long Jump event which meant she was qualified for the Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
At the Paralympic Games 2020 she achieved the fourth place in Long Jump.
- Nation: France
- Year of birth: 1992
- Sport: Para Athletics – 200 m, 400 m, Long jump
- Classification: T37
- Coach: Corentin Fhima, Decines Meyzieu, Maxime Lanyou
- Club: La Berrichonne Châteauroux Athlétic Club
Victories and achievements
- Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020:
- 4th place in long jump
- European Para Athletics Championships Bydgoszcz 2021:
- Silver medal in long jump
- European Para Athletics Championships Berlin 2018:
- Silver medal on 200 m and 400 m
- French National Para Athletics Indoor Championship 2020:
- Gold medal in long jump and on 200 m
- French National Para Athletics Indoor Championship 2018:
- Gold medal on 400 m and on 800 m
- World Para Triathlon Championship Rotterdam 2016:
- Gold medal in Sprint distance (Swim 750m, Bike 20k, Run 5k)
Find more personal information about our ambassador here: